- Fall 2017. Click here.
- Fall 2016. Click here.
- Fall 2015. Click here.
- Spring 2015. Click here.
- Fall 2014. Click here.
- Winter 2014. Click here
- Fall 2013. Click here
- Winter 2013. Click here
- Fall 2012. Click here
- Spring 2010. Click here
- Winter 2009. Click here
- Fall 2009. Click here
Reports & Briefs
- Recommendations for Reform: JJI’s recommendations for reform to Governor Elect J.B. Pritzker and Lt. Governor Elect Juliana Stratton. Click here.
- Detention of Juveniles in Illinois: Recommendations to Right-Size Detention through Reforms and Fiscal Incentives to Develop Community-Based Alternatives. April, 2018 Click here for JJI’s Detention Report May 4, 2018
- JJI written testimony in support of raising the age of juvenile court to include emerging adults, before the Women’s Commission of Cook County, Oct, 2017. Click here.
- Young Adults in Conflict with the Law: Opportunities for Diversion. Click here.
- Snapshot of Illinois Juvenile Arrests, CY2013. Click here.
- Two Pager: Young Adult Arrests in Illinois, CY2013. Click here.
- Macon County Data Snapshot. Click here to download.
- Automatic Adult Prosecution of Children in Cook County, Illinios, 2010-2012. Click here to read the report.
- One Pager: Illinois Juvenile Arrests. Click here to download.
- Issue Brief: Court Commitments of Young Drug Offenders to IDJJ. Prepared by Kanako Ishida, Policy Research Analyst of JJI. Click here to read.
- Impact of Illinois’ Statutory Change: Mandating the Least Restrictive Alternative Standard. Prepared by Betsy Clarke, President of JJI & Lisa Jacobs, Program Manager of Illinois Models for Change Initiative. Click here for the full brief.
- Juvenile Drug Arrests in CY2011- Disproportionate Minority Contact. Prepared by Kanako Ishida, Policy Research Analyst. Click here for details and full report
- SHIFTING AWAY FROM INCARCERATION: Fiscal Realignment Strategies to End the Mass Incarceration of Youth in the United States. Prepared by Elizabeth Clark, President. Presented at Fifth Biennial Conference of the International Juvenile Justice Observatory (IJJO) in London, Nov. 2012. Click here for the paper.
- History of Sexting Legislation in Illinois. Written by Elizabeth Clarke, President. Click here for the article.
- Disproportionate Incarceration of Juvenile Drug Offenders in One State. Prepared by Elizabeth Clarke, President and Elizabeth Kooy, a former Policy Research Analyst. Click here for details and the report
- Changing Course: A Review of First Two Years of Drug Transfer Reform in Illinois. Prepared by Elizabeth Kooy, a former Policy Research Analyst/Advocate. Click here for details and full report
Infographics and Maps
- DMC in Juvenile Justice System in Cook County
- Automatic Transfer in Cook County
- Growth of Incarceration in the US (prepared by JJI Intern summer 2014)
- Zip Code Map of Cook County Juvenile Arrests, CY2012
- Zip Code Map of Cook County Juvenile Drug Arrests CY2013
Testimony & Statement
- Statement on the State Budget. May 2015.
- Testimony of Elizabeth Clarke, On Access to Justice in the United States Submitted to the U.S. Government, for the NGO Consultation preceding the Universal Periodic Review and the review of the International Convention on the Elimination of all forms of Racial Discrimination (CERD). Click here to read the testimony.
- Reassessing Solitary Confinement:The Human Rights, Fiscal, and Public Safety Consequences. Juvenile Justice Initiative. Click here for the testimony.